in ,

Oshiomhole Begs Ortom For Out Of Court Settlement in N10billion Suit


– Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is seeking an out-of-court settlement with Governor Samuel Ortom

– The Benue state governor had dragged the former APC national chairman to court in 2018

– Oshiomhole was slammed with N10 billion libel suit after he accused the governor of committing murder

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

A report by Daily Sun indicates that the ex-national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole on Tuesday, October 13, sought for an out-of-court settlement in the N10 billion libel suit that was filed against him by Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom.

Governor Ortom had filed the libel suit against the former APC chairman over his comments against him in an APC sponsored press conference held in July 2018.

Oshiomhole had accused the north-central governor of having a hand in the death of two Catholic priests and other parishioners at Mbalom Community, Gwer East local government.

Breaking: Protesters defy Wike’s orders, hold EndSARS protest in Port Harcourt (video, photo)
N10billion libel suit: Oshiomhole begs Ortom for out of court settlement

Governor Ortom had filed the suit in 2018.
Photo credit: @GovSamuelOrtom
Source: Twitter

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

According to Oshiomhole during the press briefing, one of the priests had preached a ‘very critical sermon’ against the governor before that attack.

The attack on the parish had sparked outrage in the country especially among the Catholic community.

It also culminated in widespread protests by the Catholic faithful in Makurdi and the nation’s capital, Abuja.

It is believed that some killer herdsmen who had laid siege in Benue and perpetrated several havocs were responsible for the attack on the church.

Before the attack, Governor Ortom had been vocal about the presence of armed herdsmen in Benue communities, but he was largely ignored by federal authorities.

When the case resumed for definite hearing, counsel to Governor Ortom, Samuel Irabor told the court that he was ready to call his witnesses, but that Oshiomhole’s counsel had informed him earlier that they have considered putting up a retraction of the publication and that it would be ready within a week.

They were armed with guns – Lagos deputy governor narrates how he was harassed by FSARS operatives

Recall that Governor Ortom had on Friday, August 21 reiterated his earlier suggestion that Nigerians should be allowed to carry AK-47 rifles due to the security challenges faced in most parts of the country.

The governor insisted that Nigerians need to be licenced to bear AK-47 rifles for self-protection and defence, in view of the general insecurity in the country.

NWC dissolution: I remain loyal to President Buhari – Oshiomhole | Legit TV





Source link

What do you think?

Written by admin

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Photos of man who joined the #EndSARS protest in his wedding suit shortly after tying the knot

Mum shares naked photo after being told she let herself go…