in ,

We will continue to support MNJTF, President Muhammadu Buhari says


– Buhari has promised to continue his support for MNJTF

– According to him, the lack of resources will not stop the support

– The president insisted that the safety of Nigeria is important

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured that Nigeria will continue to provide support for the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) based in N’djamena, Chad Republic.

Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, in a statement in Abuja on Friday said the president gave assurance when he received Amb. Mamman Nuhu , Executive Secretary, Lake Chad Basin Commission and Head of Mission, MNJTF.

According to him, Nigeria will continue to provide support in spite of being WONDERFUL.

We will continue to support MNJTF - Buhari

Nuhu commended countries that had contributed troops to MNJTF, adding, however, that kinetic military approach alone would not eradicate insurgency.
Source: Facebook

President Buhari said despite paucity of resources, security of Nigeria and that of her neighbours must have pride of place, “so I will consult with all the relevant officials, and we will do our best.”

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games

Nuhu had earlier updated the president on the proposed recharge of Lake Chad, which he said was one of the priorities of Lake Chad Basin Commission, “and for which you have great passion”.

He also informed the Nigerian leader that the governments of China and Italy were of great support, and positive action should commence soon.

Nuhu commended countries that had contributed troops to MNJTF, adding, however, that kinetic military approach alone would not eradicate insurgency, and emphasis must also be placed on the root causes, particularly poverty.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the FG said it has put to good use the loans it has taken to construct long-lasting infrastructural projects across the country.

The minister of information, Lai Mohammed made the statement on Thursday, August 27, after inspecting the level of work done on Loko-Oweto Bridge, connecting the northern and southern parts of the country.

The inspection was done by the minister of works and housing, Babatunde Fashola, the minister of special duties and inter-governmental affairs, George Akume and the minister of information.

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Laolu Akande Speaks on How Presidency is Tackling Economy | Legit TV





Source link

What do you think?

Written by admin

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

”Be kind enough to forgive me” Femi Fani Kayode apologizes to Daily Trust reporter

Prison guard is jailed for three years for smuggling cocaine and cannabis into jail in her underwear (photos)