in ,

Barcelona not ready to allow Argentine leave Camp Nou


– Lionel Messi will not be leaving Barcelona this summer

– The Catalans sporting director Planes made the club’s decision known to the media during Trincao’s unveiling

– The 33-year-old already handed the Catalans transfer request

Barcelona appear to have concluded plans to keep their captain Lionel Messi at the Camp Nou beyond this summer.

The 33-year-old earlier this week handed his transfer request to the club with Manchester City lined up as his next destination.

After his surprise message to the Catalan club, the board was forced to conveyene and emergency meeting on how they can resolve the situation.

The incident according to Daily Mail has further put the club president Josep Bartomeu under immense criticism.

And the 57-year-old administrator was protected from being scrutinised by media during Francisco Trincao’s unveiling on Wednesday, August 26.

Instead sporting director Ramon Planes answered all the questions regarding Messi – insisting the club will do all they can to keep the six-time Ballon d’Or winner at the club.

Ronaldo Delima tops list of highest goalscorers at 21 for club and country (see where Messi and Ronaldo are)

Planes succeeded Eric Abidal as sporting director this month, insisted: “We do not contemplate any contractual exit, because we want Leo to stay. “Internally we are working long hours to find the best solution for FCB and for Leo.”

He added: ‘This is evidently the important news, we have said many times, as (Ronald) Koeman and the president have said, we count on Messi for the future just like we count on Trincao as a talent for the future.

Lionel Messi: Barcelona insist Argentine superstar will not leave Camp Nou this summer

Lionel Messi in action for La Liga giants Barcelona – Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

We hope he will play alongside the greatest player in the history, the greatest player in the world, but these things happen and we hope we will come back stronger from the defeat at the end of last season.

What has happened has happened and our idea is to build a team around the most important player in the world.”

Messi’s decision to Barcelona was aggravated after his crunch meeting with new manager Ronald Koeman.

Former Real Madrid star reveals how Mourinho almost ‘killed’ Ronaldo despite scoring a hat-trick

The Argentine made up his mind to walk away from the club he has invested all his career when the Dutch tactician reportedly told him ‘his privileges are over’.

Legit.ng earlier reported that Lionel Messi handed in a transfer request for Barcelona to terminate his contract and the purported fax message has circulated on social media.

The club confirmed that the 33-year-old star ordered the Catalan club to terminate his existing contract with immediate effect citing a clause in the deal.

Messi asked for the club’s co-operation as he prepares to leave the club, but Barcelona are ready to fight it out, adding that the player’s clause had expired on June 10.

How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV





Source link

What do you think?

Written by admin

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

“We want him to stay”

Twitter user in shock after spotting a young girl sipping dry gin in the presence of her mother in Lagos (photos)