in ,

Usain Bolt contracts deadly coronavirus after attending surprise party


– Usain Bolt has not been spared by the deadly coronavirus

– The 34-year-old was said to have tested positive for the virus after attending a surprise in Jamaica

– Raheem Sterling, Leon Bailey and some other stars were in attendance

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

100 and 200 metres world record holder Usain Bolt has tested positive for deadly coronavirus days after his 34th birthday.

The Jamaican hosted a number of stars including Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling in his home country as reported by Daily Mail.

Nationwide90fm reports that the greatest sprinter of all time will now be on self-isolation as a result of his present predicament.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group ‘Naija Football Fan Zone

The publication claims the retired athlete was tested for COVID-19 and his result returned positive on Sunday, August 23.

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons
Usain Bolt: Legendary athlete contracts deadly coronavirus after attending surprise birthday

Usain Bolt attending an event – Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

Apart from Sterling, Bayer Leverkusen attacker Leon Bailey and cricket legend Chris Gayle were all said to have attended surprise party in honour of the sprinter.

After the event, the decorated athlete described it as the ‘best birthday ever’ while sharing pictures on his official Instagram page featuring a sweet picture of himself and his baby girl Olympia.

So far, no fewer than 1,413 coronavirus cases have been recorded on the Caribbean island and 16 have died from the illness.

On Saturday, prime minister Andrew Holness warned of a recent surge in cases and urged Jamaicans to ‘exercise greater vigilance’ to prevent the spread.

There is a need for consciousness… for conscious personal responsibility on the part of every citizen,’ he said. The management for Bolt have been contacted for comment.

Legit.ng earlier reported that Premier League champions Liverpool have recorded their first coronavirus case ahead of their pre-season training camp.

Another Nigerian man succeeds, makes int’l list of successful people under age 30 in art and style (photos)

The Merseyside outfit is currently in Austria in a bid to get their preparation for the 2020-21 season off to a good start.

They, however, suffered a major setback on Tuesday, August 18, after one of the members of staff tested positive for the deadly coronavirus.

SunSport quoting Daily Mirror reported that the Reds will not stop their training schedule despite the COVID-19 diagnosis. The club’s spokesperson has neither confirmed nor denied the report.

How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV





Source link

What do you think?

Written by admin

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Edo election: Ize-Iyamu can’t be trusted with public funds

Edo 2020: APC Petitions Judge for Speedy Hearing in Suit Seeking Ize-Iyamu, Deputy’s Disqualification